5 Surprising Reasons to Eat Chocolate
The chocolate is, along with other food, an ingredient that until not long ago was not advisable to consume, however, today we know that if we properly choose chocolate, this can lead to many benefits. Therefore, we are going to leave you 5 reasons why you should eat chocolate.
Chocolate: black, white, or milk
In market there are variety of chocolates that we can consume, however, not all chocolates are equal when we try to benefit us with their consumption, therefore, our advice is that you always choose pure chocolate.
The healthiest chocolate is the black and the one that concentrates a high percentage of cocoa (70 or Superior), so to major purity, lower amount of added sugars and more antioxidants.
Pure chocolate is where will get better nutrients and more health benefits, while milk chocolate or white chocolate, have higher proportions of saturated fats and sugars, with a decrease in nutrients among its components.
Then, now we are going to give you 5 reasons why you should eat chocolate, but always speaking about black and pure chocolate or with high degree of purity.
5 Reasons to enjoy chocolate
For satisfaction of all chocolate lovers, here are 5 reasons to enjoy its consumption.
- It is a source of antioxidants, especially polyphenols that rise approximately two hours after its ingestion, since it was demonstrated in an investigation. This indicates that the ingestion of black chocolate with 70 or more of cocoa can neutralize radical free of the oxygen, to take care of every cell of the body.
- Reduces blood pressure if consumed daily, as it was shown in a study that compared rich in polyphenols dark chocolate and white chocolate without polyphenols, therefore, the intake of dark chocolate of high purity can reduce blood pressure and so, take care of cardiovascular performance.
- Provides potassium, magnesium and calcium that also contribute to a proper cardiovascular health and that, may also promote the function of the neuromuscular system, so their intake, can help athletes, above all, to recover after physical exertion.
- Helps maintain healthy teeth, if you eat the chocolate with a high degree of purity, it has been proved that theobromine in chocolate helps remineralize tooth enamel and maintain its strong structure.
- It improves cognitive skills, as for example, the memory after consumption, explained in part to the increase in cerebral blood flow and the flavonoids in dark chocolate of high purity.
Few are the reasons why we eat chocolate, because as we have seen, the intake of dark chocolate of high purity is associated with many benefits about our health, especially cardiovascular and metabolic.